Tonight just before i posted this I found out some horrible, terrible news about my college roommate's nephew. He is a little 3 year old boy with Nueroblastoma and their family has had to make the hardest decision parents could make and stop treatment. This little boy has had the fight of his life and unfortunately the cancer is winning. I look around my house at little reminders of my kids and can't help but tear up or start crying. Our little kids are all so precious and life goes by too fast. I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through. Hug your kids, kiss your kids, be thankful and blessed that they are healthy. Say a prayer for those families and kids that aren't so fortunate... please say a prayer for Ben!
On Saturday we ventured up to New Braunfels, TX and Wurstfest, "a salute to sausage!" {and beer!}.. It was Oktoberfest, TX style.. We met another family up there that has 2 boys about the ages of Caroline and Nicholas. Luke and Alex have become favorites to play with. The kids all got to go on a couple of rides. I got to sneak on the the Merry Go Round with Nicholas because he wanted to sit on the bench instead of the horse. Somehow at the end of the night we got him on to the Ferris Wheel. I forgot how much I don't like heights as we were dangling at the top waiting for riders to get on... yikes! The kids had a blast. Mom and Dad's had some beer and decided that next time we're going without kids :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment