When I was about 5 years old, my dad started taking my backpacking during the summers. As each one of my sisters got older, they joined us until it was just my dad and all 4 of us girls. We went many, many summers and here and there we would miss a few. But it is/was one of my favorite memories as a kid and adult. The last time we all went, I was 6 months pregnant with Caroline. We have gone to the same spot every year and this year, Papa wanted to take the grandkids. Sadly, Court and the twins were in Boston and didn't get to join in the fun :( We had a great time and the kids did AMAZING!!! It was a 2 mile hike up and there was not much complaining at all!!!! We spent 2 nights and enjoyed playing along the river and trying to catch some fish. :)
(these first two should be at the end, but I can't move them.... darn blogspot!)
Miss Moo with her backpack and rockstar stick ready to head back home :)

Nicholas, Mama, Papa, and Caroline



All the gear... we had two tents, TONS of food and 6 sleeping bags...
(I forgot Molly's sleeping bag... OOPS!)

(I forgot Molly's sleeping bag... OOPS!)
One excited little boy :)
Katie and I



Finally back to the truck...
Taking a break by the river...
Papa...
Caroline and Katie crossing 4 stream....
Getting the fishing gear ready...
Molly loved playing in the sand... I had to dunk her in the river to give her a bath.. she was filthy!!
Kendra teaching Molly to fish...
Papa teaching Nicholas to fish...
Kendra and Caroline...
mmmm..... spaghetti for dinner :)
This tree used to be standing and the ground at our campsite used to go out past the tree. Over the 6 years since we were last there the campsite has washed away and this tree fell over... The kids had fun climbing out to the end..
mmmm.... S'mores!!!
Snuggling in the tent...
Nicholas swimming with Papa...
Look how dirty her face is!!!
HEAVEN....
On the way back Katie and Caroline fell in 4 Stream... it was COLD and sadly, Kendra and I couldn't stop laughing. Katie had a hard time getting up with her pack on and Caroline totally took off to get out of the water.... Thankfully no one got hurt!
BRRR......
Finally back to the truck...
All in all it was a WONDERFUL trip and I think the kids had a blast!!!!! There favorite part was the s'mores... and that is always mine too. We made some great memories and can't wait to try to make a trip happen again next year, and hopefully Court and the twins can come too!







No comments:
Post a Comment