Thursday, July 01, 2010

Playing Catch-Up!

It's been almost a month since I've updated.... aaahhh!! guess we've been having too much fun.
Papa left on the 2nd of June and it was sad to say good-bye.. Thankfully we'll be back in WA July 21st! Nana stuck around for another week and a half and we tried to squeeze in as much fun as we could. The first major event was Nicholas' birthday party. (we had a small party for Molly in the morning with just a couple of her friends since we had the slide and will be in WA for her party.. but I'll save some of those pics for her birthday).. We rented a 16' tall slip n' slide/bounce slide for the kids. We had it for the whole day and we had SO much fun on it! In -between the two parties Nana and I got on the slide and had fun with the kids, too.



We had a small party for Nicholas before Joe left for North Carolina and Papa left for WA. You can sense a theme from looking at the presents that Nicholas got. He is totally into Star Wars and spider man these days. He loved getting a couple $2 bills from G'pa Paul. Thanks everyone for always spoiling my kids!!!!!


We have been enjoying so many wonderful hours at the pool. Just before Nana left, Nicholas decided he was ready to swim with a scuba mask. All of a sudden I have another fish on my hands. Caroline loves to swim and has been doing awesome this summer as long as she doesn't get too much water in her ears. Nicholas is finally starting to catch up with her. He had his first official swim lesson today and I am so impressed with how far he has come!


After we dropped Nana off at the airport on June 12th, we went straight to Charlotte, NC to meet up with Joe. The Great Wolf Lodge seemed the perfect place to go. It was a lot of fun to hang out with the family. We even got to meet a friend of Joe's from high school and his family. The kids are all the same age and we had so much fun with Carrie and John! Caroline loved the waterslides, Molly loved playing in the shallow pool and Nicholas took until the last 1/2 hour to finally realize how much fun the waterslides really were. For the next two weeks after we left he asked me everyday when we could go back.


I know I have more to catch up on, but we'll wait for another day. I hope you don't mind the collages either... it's so much easier to deal with a bunch of pics that way. If you want to see any of them close up, click on the collage image and it will open bigger in another window :)

No comments: