Thursday, December 10, 2009

O Christmas Tree....

Today Caroline had her first school field trip. We went to a local christmas tree farm. Yesterday we had crazy weather, it was 75* out. Today, we weren't so lucky! It was 45 on my way to school and 50 by the time we left the tree farm, but there was a really chilly wind. I know I really can't complain considering it's been below freezing back in WA, but when we go home next week, we are going to FREEZE!!!

Caroline and 2 of her classmates....


making an ornament..


story time with popcorn and hot chocolate..


We got to see how the farmers trim the tree. It is quite the little contraption and took him about 30 seconds to trim two trees...


The kids got to help plant a seedling. Each kit got to stomp a little dirt around it.


Then we got to go on a hay-ride. (Caroline and her teacher)


After all was done the kids got to have a picnic lunch before they headed back to school.


Nicholas is wearing my old woodstock hat from when I was a kid. It's pretty cold out, but leave it to Nicholas to not wear a jacket. At least he put on a hat and gloves :)


Waiting for Caroline to come home from school....

1 comment:

Joe and Tiff said...

You have such a beautiful family!! I got your Christmas card today! Wow time flies. You all look great. Merry Christmas