Caroline's birthday is tomorrow, but with Joe's crazy schedule there is no way to know for sure if he would be able to be home and celebrate with us. Early this afternoon he called and said that tonight would be a good night to go ahead with the birthday festivities since he wouldn't know about tomorrow... and better to do the birthday early then make the birthday girl wait if her daddy didn't make it home in time tomorrow. Fortunately when I was at the grocery store this morning I grabbed some stuff for tomorrow to make spaghetti and meatballs and a birthday cake or cupcakes. Little did I know that it was going to be needed for today. I have been watching way too many cake shows and would LOVE to know how they do what they do... it certainly is not with store-bought cake and frosting!!!!!! For some reason at the last minute I thought that Caroline would love to have a barbie cake... and I somehow pulled it off in about 3 hours. Between extra baking time, cooling time and then frosting the darn thing, it was a disaster in my kitchen! I had to put barbie in and out of the fridge to keep the frosting from getting too soft and falling off... but after all was said and done, or I should say eaten, it was all good! Even the meatballs turned out good... For a moment Joe even thought they were my moms!!!! Anyway, here's the pics from the night....
Barbie chilling in the fridge...
make a wish....
She's showing off some leg! ( I used 3 tubs of frosting on this cake!)
Molly loved the frosting!
And on to presents.... Caroline was a little suprised to find a box of diapers... took her a moment to realize that there was a present inside...

I wrapped it in about 10 sheets of tissue paper. She just kept unwrapping...
I wrapped it in about 10 sheets of tissue paper. She just kept unwrapping...
and then.... a little shocked to find her own pink Nintendo DS

New jammies from Aunt Kendra
New jammies from Aunt Kendra
Nicholas picked this out for Caroline
Her birthday outfit from Nana to wear to school tomorrow.
A little birthday cake charm (with a candle inside) from Grandpa Paul.

1 comment:
I love the barbie cake. I was thinking of a totally different style. That one is so creative and I can't believe you made it in 3 hours not 3 days. I love the fashion pics too. She is so beautiful and I can't believe she is 6- wow. Like your hair- different color and it is really cool. Love T
Post a Comment