Saturday, August 06, 2011

Good-bye :(

Hard to believe the day is finally here that we have to say "goodbye" to Joe for his deployment. I always knew this was part of the deal, however we have been lucky enough for it not to happen, yet. Now it's his turn to leave, and our turn to stay back. It is all still surreal that this is happening to our family. I know many army families that have had to deal with year + deployments, and we are lucky that this one is only 6 months. The younger two kids haven't quite made sense of it all, Caroline totally gets it and is heart-broken that her daddy will be gone for her birthday and Christmas. I know we'll be ok.... let the count-down begin!!!!
Checking in :(

The kids didn't want to let him walk away :(


Daddy & Grandma

Bye Daddy!!! We'll miss you SO much!!! Hoping the next 6 months FLY by as quickly as they can! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments: