Sunday, August 08, 2010
Another one...
Another post with no pictures..... What a weekend it has been! So not the way that I thought it would go down! Joe was late, and I mean LATE getting in to Seattle. His plane was supposed to arrive at 6:30pm and he didn't make it to his hotel back in Seattle until almost 3 in the morning. Needless to say, I was on pins and needles ALL night long as to what the news would be..... it was NOT good! My nerves got the best of me and I was in for quite a shock. We had given the Army a list of 5 places we would like to go, and our result was one that was not on the list... Looks as if the Karhan family is moving to El Paso, TX! AAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! As I tried to make sense of all of it, I had to pick myself up and put on a smiley face, for it was going to be a good day regardless of the bad news. We had a Forest Ridge Neighborhood reunion at my parents house. There were about 15 adults and 20 kids (rough estimate) and it was a blast. The weather could have cooperated a little bit better, no, a LOT better, but regardless, it was awesome to catch up with all the people I grew up with and to see all of our kids getting to know each other and play together. There were even 3 sets of twins among the group. I was fortunate enough for Joe to have been able to catch a ride down with Katie and Ryan and come try to console me. I was also lucky enough to have my parents keep the kids so I could go back to Seattle with Joe and spend some time with him. What an adventure this army thing has turned out to be!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment