Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cloverleaf Duathalon

Yesterday morning we got up bright and early and went to do a race. The local YMCA had their 2nd annual Cloverleaf Duathalon. It was a 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run. Niether Joe, nor I had really been doing any training for this race, but thought it would be fun to do something athletic together. I had been running on the treadmill and doing spinning classes a couple times a week, but it has been 6 years + since I have actually riden more than a few minutes on my bike. We were able to drop the kids off at the Y and go to the race without worrying about them. (They had a blast!) The weather cooperated and I think we finished the race in under 1:30. It will hopefully be the first of many events for us to come :)

Getting the gear ready....


Finishing the first 2 miles....


Just finished the bike.... my legs felt like JELLO!


And crossing the final finish line! I was SO happy to be done!!!

Even though it was hard, it sure was fun!!!!

No comments: