Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Here's some pics from this week. Grandma is here and has her good camera and a TON of pics, but I don't have time to go through them right now, nor can I get to my card reader for her card, oh well... and I really should be in bed instead of doing this, but oh well..

Monday wasw the kids last full day of school. I wanted to compare their pic from the first day of school, but haven't figured out how to link back to it (again, don't really have the time or energy to figure it our right now).. The kids had bought me some roses the day before, but wanted to take one for each of their teachers. We have been very fortunate to have wonderful teachers this year! they will truly be missed!



Caroline and her teacher Ms. Stacy. Hannah, is also in the pic, is Stacy's daughter. She and Caroline had fun playing with each other.


Nicholas and Ms. Michelle. He absolutely loved having her for a teacher!


One of the advantages to moving.. I don't have to cook.. Thank goodness for Costco. Cheap, quick food! :) We had to go in and get a new tire so we just timed it with dinner... :)
(and no, Molly did not eat all the pizza)...






On Tuesday we escaped quickly to the zoo. We had a year pass os we thought we should try to get one more adventure out of it. We had a great time. We got to pet a Grizzly Bear pelt, see a lion pelt, watch the zoo keepers clip the feathers on about 6 pelicans, and see a 2 year old gibbon escape his pen, come say hi, and go back home..

here's the gibbon. The fencing on the cage is flexible and he is still small enough to wiggle his way through it. Fortunately there was a zoo keeper near by that knew what was going on. The adult Gibbons were right on the other side of the fencing to make sure the little on didn't get too far. It was pretty cool to watch...





Nicholas got a spiderman scuba set and this is how he walked around most of the day at the zoo... His head vs. a lion's head... the lion pelt was huge...


Today was the kids last day of school and Caroline had a little graduation ceremony. I didn't think I was going to make it with the moving truck being here, and Joe was nice enough to stay home and let me go..

Caroline and her little cap and gown..

Niocholas wanted to bring a flower to school today for his friend Emma. He absolutely adores her and I'm sad I didn't get a better picture. He says he's going to miss her the most ;)



Caroline and Raelynn

Caroline and Sage



Another person we are going to greatly miss is our wonderful babysitter Allison. We met her one of the first weeks we were here and she has been a lifesaver. It's always hard to find a good babysitter who is reliable and available and the kids loved her.. Tonight we went out to dinner with her to say good-bye and after dinner Caroline, Nicholas and I went to her house to go see her new puppies.. they were so cute!





In about 28 hours we will be off for Georgia.. So hard to believe that this year has gone by so quickly. Joe has 5 tests left before Phase I is done and then he'll be off to Georgia to come join us. Hopefully our drive will go smoothly and all our stuff will arrive quickly and in the condition we left it :)

No comments: